Skip to main content

Creating GIFs with Google Photos

Gifs, or Gifs, or however you pronounce it are popular "moving images" that are light and easy to use across a variety of platforms. While there are Gif creators available, Google Photos allows you to create your own based on your images without compromising who has your pictures.

To begin, think of something that you will want to create a Gif of. It could be something like a series of photos, a math problem, or funny reactionary faces to something that happened in class. Be sure to check the Do Not Publish list to ensure that any students are clear to be published.

When creating Gifs, you will upload the images to your Google Photos account at photos.google.com. I like to add them to an album. For this purpose, I solved a math equation in Google Drawings and downloaded the images as PNGs. The upload button is on the same line as your image for your Google Account. Click upload and select the images that you would like to use for the creation of the Gif. You can select more than one at a time.



After the images have loaded, you can add them to an album. I do this so that they are easy to find within the collection of photos that are stored in my Google Photos. I would call the Album something that I am working on or the title of the gif I am creating. The add to album button is in the lower left hand corner. 


I will then click into the album and locate the "Create Button" located next to the upload button. I will then select "animation" and select the images I wish to use in my Gif. I can select up to 50.


Finally, I will be able to create my Gif. Pay attention to the order the pictures were taken in as that will be the order they go through in the Gif. 

Here is the example of a math problem that I created. 


As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Thanks! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chromebook Shortcut of the Week - 10/14/2016

This weeks shortcut of the week is to help you project your Chromebook. Due to resolutions, your Chromebook will likely default to the “Extended Screen” mode. If they happens, you will see your desktop background on the screen upon plugging in your Chromebook (your Chromebook needs an HDMI connection, if you need a cable, I can get you one!). In order to change this, you will use the “Ctrl + Full Screen” button. This will quickly switch between the two modes, allowing you to switch back and forth. A quick word to the wise, the extended screen is usually to the right!

Chromebook Shortcut of the Week - April 10th - Harder Reset

Torubleshooting a Chromebook is fairly easy. The first thing that I try is a reset. If a reset doesn't work, I can try to a harder reset, using this week's shortcut. When you press and hold the "Refresh" key and the Power button, you Chromebook will reset harder than simply powering down. It will not lose the settings that are on it. This shortcut is a crucial second line in ensuring that our students' Chromebooks are always functioning properly.